Monday, February 2, 2009

Alameda flea market, February

I went to the Alameda Flea Market this Sunday on a half-hearted mission for the following things:

1. Ceramic container with lid to use as compost holder
2. Butter crock
3. Glass cookie jar
4. Cake plate with dome

(I say "half-hearted" because really, I like "window-shopping.")

Here is what I bought:

Ceramic Pot
"Steamed Pickles and Beer" ceramic pot with lid. The vendor said it was used behind bars to hold snacks (specifically, pickles in beer).


Napoleon At Tilbit
"Napoleon at Tilbit" photogravure.


"Ye Ancient Rhyme, Arranged for the Time, A Leap Year Valentine""Ye Ancient Rhyme, Arranged for the Time, A Leap Year Valentine"
"Ye Ancient Rhyme, Arranged for the Time, A Leap Year Valentine," The Manhattan, May 1883.


I felt funny taking pictures with my real camera of things from vendors that I didn't buy anything from, so here are low-quality iPhone pics of interesting ones:

Hollywood Lights
Hollywood lights


Working Victrola
Working Victrola that was playing records throughout the morning.

No comments: