Saturday, March 21, 2009

vintage furniture :: D and L Smith Collection

I saw the D and L Smith Collection booth at the January Alameda Flea Market, and was in awe of their pieces. Couldn't afford to buy the pieces, nor do we have space for them, but wanted to keep them in mind for when W and I have a fabulous home with a wraparound porch and vegetable garden and a dog.

It looks like they restore old furniture, as well as create custom pieces. I'm always in awe of these kinds of skills, since I can't really wrap my mind around how to even paint furniture, much less build it.

The pictures are from their site (they probably could be better, but the pieces are beautiful nonetheless).

Green tall window cabinet

Magenta pink Vanity

LightBlue Dresser

2 comments:

Molly said...

You should definitely take a furniture refinishing class (not that I know where they offer those). My parents got almost all of their furniture as hand-me-downs or awesome garage sale finds. They refinished them, stained them, painted them, and I LOVE all their antiques. You never know--you might love finding and painting pieces on your own so you don't have to pay these crazy prices. We rescued the dresser we have for our TV from the back of a truck that was in line for a free dumpster service. :)

SMiTH.FAMiLY said...

this is the first time I have ever heard we have crazy prices on our furniture...