Friday, May 15, 2009

Obama meeting with friends and enemies

I watched the White House Correspondents dinner with my dad this weekend. Although it had a lot of really funny moments, it still left me with a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth (occasionally, some of it would veer off into mean-spirited humor, which I dislike).

Obama himself was pretty humorous, and seemed open to making fun of himself quite a bit. My favorite part of his speech was when he stated:

"But as I said during the campaign, we can't just talk to our friends. As hard as it is, we also have to talk to our enemies, and I've begun to do exactly that."

...and used this photo to illustrate his point:


"President Barack Obama "meets" with speechwriter Cody Keenan, who dressed as a pirate for an Oval Office photo taken for use in the President's humorous speech to the White House Correspondents Association dinner May 9, 2009."

No comments: