Sunday, November 8, 2009

FX take Angel Island

Our first field trip of the year for First Exposures was to Angel Island. I think folks were really looking forward to it; with the split between film and digital, the students in one group don't really get to know students from the other. And really, one of the best things about FX is the friendships that the students build with each other.

hiking


Angel Island is in the San Francisco Bay, and historically has been used as a military outpost, POW camp, and an immigration center (colloquially known as the "Ellis Island of the West"). It is now a state park and a National Historic Landmark.

I haven't been to Angel Island since our last FX field trip, back in 2004. I don't think I quite appreciated the experience; I don't really remember much about the hike, nor do I remember all the awesome old buildings, views, etc. that we saw on this trip.

hospitalhospitalhospitalhiking


After a 5-mile hike, I think that we were all tired, and the students were getting cranky at the end. However, there was a lot of photos taken (my student went through 5 rolls), so I'm sure once we all get over our sore legs, folks will be raring to go in the darkroom.

Here are the rest of the photos:

No comments: