Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crazy Heart

I saw Crazy Heart on Monday. I was really looking forward to Jeff Bridges' performance, and he didn't disappoint. He usually plays such quirky characters that I usually try not to go into his movies with any expectations, and I am almost always impressed. The story is a little prosaic, but it has a bittersweet ending that somehow satisfies.



Other pleasant surprises:
  1. Maggie Gyllenhaal, whose performances usually wind up being distracting for me (I have no idea why), was actually quite good in this one.

  2. Colin Farrell (who I did not expect to see AT ALL) is a surprisingly good singer. He is perhaps less successful at affecting a southern accent.

  3. The music is fantastic. Spinner is streaming the entire album right now. I would definitely have a listen.

No comments: