Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stanford Stock Farm Plant Growth Facility

Right near the medical school is the Stock Farm Plant Growth Facility, which is a series of greenhouses. Being Stanford, this isn't just for sustainable living; it's used for various research projects, such as the Dahlia Project and transgenic maize. In the same location is also the workshop for the Stanford Solar Car Project.

Solar Car Workshop

I've been eying the greenhouses most of the winter as an option for a night photography site. However, since I'd never been in that area before, I decided to do some scouting while there was still some light. It's a really fascinating site; I wish I was able to check out some of the stuff inside the greenhouses, but I didn't want to a) be arrested for trespassing and b) mess up someone's research work.

Plant Growth Facility
Plant Growth Facility
Plant Growth Facility

No comments: