Tuesday, June 22, 2010

dbasr introduction

My friend Josh Ellis has been working on a web-based content management system for musicians and other artists. The project, dbasr, is meant to be easily customizable to fit an artist's needs and personality. He's trying to raise some capital to continue to work on this full-time. I just donated because Josh usually knows what he's doing, and instead of complaining (which he can admittedly do plenty of), he went out and did something about it. From his blog post about moving forward on the project:
Look, whether you like me or not or think I’m a windbag, you have to admit something: I’m good at understanding where holes in the market exist. I’m neither capable nor interested in filling most of them...But this hole I can fill. And it might change the world, at least in a little way. It won’t cure cancer or feed starving children or teach Beyond Petroleum how to build an oil rig…but it’s pretty goddamned cool, nonetheless.
It is pretty goddamned cool, Josh.

Here's an introductory video about dbasr (also featuring TJ and Ryan from Big Friendly Corporation):

Dbasr introduction video from Joshua Ellis on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Molly said...

That is a pretty cool concept!!