Tuesday, July 27, 2010

camping in Mount Charleston

campsite

When I was younger, I used to attend various weekend camps (debate camp, archeology camp, "diversity" camp), and they all were held at Camp Lee Canyon in the Spring Mountains/Mount Charleston (about 45 miles northwest of Las Vegas). Despite the fact that I've been up in this area a few times, I've never known that there were campgrounds just up the road! Luckily, I have friends that are a bit more observant than me, and so we went on a 2+ car camping trip this weekend. It was nice to be up in the mountains, since it was about 30 degrees cooler than in the Vegas Valley, and there are no raccoons trying to steal your first-born child.

[Well, except for maybe this guy.]

Things I learned at camp:
  1. How to play cornhole.

    Andrew and Angie playing cornhole
  2. Dogs are always hoping for a playdate.

    Zeke trying to play
  3. The answer is always "Michael J. Fox."

1 comment:

Molly said...

Camping. I need to go camping before this next little one arrives...