Tuesday, August 3, 2010

goodbye, Dusty Rhodes and the River Band

One of the things that I regret about not living in Vegas in missing music shows - either my friends, or friends of friends. Unfortunately, one show that I missed by about 5 days was the final show for Dusty Rhodes and the River Band. Dustin Apodaca gave an interview to Las Vegas City Life in which he talked about the end of the group.
We're poor. We have no money. It sucks. I wish I could do it forever without getting paid and all. I just can't. We had good gigs for a second. We had a hot little moment. Now we're just old, pissed-off and broke (laughs). We ain't spring chickens no more.
Many of my musician friends talk about how hard it is to make enough money to survive in this industry. It's a rare intersection of talent, hard work, and luck that allows people to break through to something sustainable. It's so depressing, however, to watch the demise of a band that seemed to truly enjoy performing.

Pouring one out, here's the video for "All One":

Dusty Rhodes and the River Band - "All One" from Michael Tavarez on Vimeo.

No comments: