Friday, October 29, 2010

busy Halloween weekend

This weekend is going to be busy, busy, busy.
  • First Exposures is going on a field trip to the Mission Cultural Center to see their Dia De Los Muertos exhibit. The last time we did this trip, it was raining heavily, and I had to buy a pair of emergency TOMS after my original shoes were ruined. This time, I am prepared. This time, I have rainboots.

    Dia De Los Muertos piece
    Dia De Los Muertos, 2008

  • Whit and I are flying to Vegas on Saturday evening, and coming back early Monday morning. Despite all my back and forth trips there, this will be the first time that I spend less than 36 hours in town. Um, "woooo Vegas, baby"?!?

    neon showgirl on Fremont Street

  • The reason we are heading to Vegas is to celebrate my friend Josh Ellis's marriage to the presumably lovely Rosalie (whom I've not actually met yet). I'm excited to share in this event with Josh. Officially, their wedding date is Halloween, and we are allowed to wear costumes to the reception. I haven't yet picked one out yet, but am wavering between "Person of Color Barbie" and "Miss Atomic Bomb 1945." When I included Whit in the plans, I had thought I could be Yoshimi, and he could be a pink robot, but I don't think he's too keen on that idea.

No comments: