Tuesday, October 12, 2010

FX / 826 Valencia bus shelter project

I hadn't posted about the First Exposures and 826 Valencia collaboration before, because I didn't have access to high-quality images, but my co-mentor Colin Smith took the images that the students made and magicked them into 45" by 65" posters. I believe the posters aren't up anymore (I saw a end date of September 27), but I still wanted to make a note of them, since the project was so amazing.

The project took place in Spring 2010. It involved the students, working in groups of 3 -- one from digital class, one from the film class, and one from 826 -- to choose a neighborhood and create a collaborative piece about it.


There were times when the partnership was a little challenging: the students from both programs didn't know each other, the culture of the programs were different, etc. Of course, the end results were incredible. Conflict creates the best art, right?


No comments: