Monday, November 22, 2010

FX photo share

We had our first photo share of the semester on Saturday.

photo share

The first photo shares are always both giddy and frustrating. Teenagers who are used to gauging reactions first before acting, find it difficult to lay out their work out bare and let people examine quietly, so there are a lot of side glances initially. However, these are quickly replaced with viewing concentration, because while people are interested in what others think, they also almost immediately become distracted by the diversity of what's on the table. Strained comments like "I like this" finally wander into "...because of [x]." Proof that you can teach life skills such as constructive feedback to eighth graders.

photo share
photo share
photo share

1 comment:

Molly said...

So fun! I wish I had gotten into photography. I guess I still have time. Some day...