Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Nordstrom Juniors

Usually when I'm in the mood to buy trendy pieces, I head over to the Nordstrom's junior department (I prefer this over Forever 21 and H&M). As a 31-year-old, I approach this like a rescue mission over enemy lines. I do my best to blend in with nondescript clothing and no make-up, so I can pass for my usual 24 or so.

Unfailingly, however, there are missteps, such as when New Moon came out, and the entire junior department was transformed into the worst examples of healthy teenage relationships ever. Life-sized cardboard cutouts of Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson leered at me between piles of T-shirts. I would try on a jacket, and stenciled words like "It’s like you’ve taken half my self away with you" would be accusingly reflected back onto my face.

Ahem. My point is that it is clear that I'm not a teenager anymore, but because I choose to shop with them, I have to be prepared for some residual annoyance. But it means that I get things like this for relatively cheap:

WallpapHerSequinBlouse
LushBowPrintFlutterSleeveDress
MimiChicaCharmeuseKimonoDress

No comments: