Thursday, February 24, 2011

SF Beer Week 2011 (Simba not included)

I think I'm feeling the delayed effects of participating in SF Beer Week events this year. Absolutely worth it.

first annual Sau and Brau
first annual Sau and Brau
first annual Sau and Brau

Luckily for me, there were a ton of events at the Rose and Crown, so I didn't even need to venture to far away lands. The two exceptions were a couple of trips to Beer Revolution and the Drake's Brewing "Sau and Brau" event in San Leandro.

A few realizations for this year:
  1. When you see a rare beer that you like, even if you've had it before, get on it. Otherwise, you will be beat out by a group of drunk dudes re-enacting the Lion King for no reason at all.
  2. I now know enough about beer to hold my own with beer geek strangers and get invited to special events.
  3. Beer Week, like GABF, is kind of a nice time to try out styles that you would not normally drink (even though I didn't do it myself in Denver). I had a quad IPA from Laginitas and while not my favorite, was quite enjoyable.
Beers from the week:
*yum

No comments: