Friday, March 25, 2011

Japanese earthquake relief bake sale

My friend/almost-former-student Yohko (and her roommates) decided to hold a bake sale to raise funds for Japanese earthquake relief. Yohko was raised in Japan, and had basically been a nervous wreck all last week (we spent some time consoling each other during Match Day). Despite the rain, there was an awesome turnout; people could purchase treats and/or donate (they had computers at the ready for Red Cross credit card donations). They managed to raise over $3000!

I donated this gingerbread. Molly threw down with some delicious-looking mint chocolate brownies. I was nervous about there not being enough goodies for folks to buy, so I didn't pick up anything (which I regretted all afternoon).

Japanese earthquake relief bake sale
Japanese earthquake relief bake sale
Japanese earthquake relief bake sale
Japanese earthquake relief bake sale
Japanese earthquake relief bake sale

1 comment:

Molly said...

They raised $3000?? That is awesome! I was excited they included our office. It was nice to help out.