Sunday, May 8, 2011

April Maystakes

My friend Gene turned forty last month, and had a joint birthday party with two other people: Laura and Nate (both of whom I've never met, so happy birthday, strangers!). However, any party to which Gene is central is a sure bet for a Saturday night, so up to the city we went.

The party was held at Bolt|Peters, which seemed like a fantastic space for either an office or an uber-hip living arrangement. Many, many awesome hats abounded. One of my internet crushes, Maggie Mason, was also there, and I spent an unhealthy amount of time trying to work up the nerve to talk to her, and predictably chickening out. I have also instituted a new weekly ritual of rocking out to Def Leppard. You know, for the children.

Orange Photography set up a crazy photobooth that entailed a sideways couch, which was super fun until I saw some guy fall from the top/side onto the side of his face (he was OK). I was even witness to one "maystake," in which a really nice guy tried to hit on a married lady. Sorry, nice guy.

Orange should have photobooth pics up soon, but here are my crappy ones:

howdy
main floor
pinata
evolution of a photobooth shot

No comments: