Sunday, June 26, 2011

Stanford tradition: frisbee golf

My old housemate Kevin is back from Austria for the first time in 9 months, and he came eager to participate in activities he missed from being abroad. One item was eating a burrito from Chipotle. Another included the Stanford frisbee golf course.

frisbee golf

The rules are simple. Follow an unofficial-official 18 hole course. Tee off from predetermined points. Use your frisbee to hit various landmarks. Drink cheap-ish beer as appropriate.

frisbee golf

I went with Kevin, Evan (another former housemate), and Gabi. While I didn't play (and we didn't exactly follow the course in order), I got to enjoy both the beer and the hilarity of experiences like Kevin climbing a tree to look for his frisbee, only to realize that it was in a bush 3 feet away. Or Gabi proclaiming, "Go big or go home!" right before whinging her frisbee into an abandoned pool (her resigned conclusion of "I should have gone home..." sent Kevin and me into a fit of giggles).

frisbee golf
frisbee golf
frisbee golf
frisbee golf

No comments: