Monday, January 9, 2012

"papa tomato says, 'ketchup'"

I spent the last few weeks of the year transitioning from crazycrazy quarter close tasks (I now have a passing knowledge of test question validation) to a veg out vacation on the couch in Vegas. Whit and I have caught up with Game of Thrones. I'm now attempting to catch up with Downtown Abbey. I clearly have a weakness for costume dramas, political machinations, and intrigue.

I'm also slowly reclaiming things that I have lost touch with. Knitting. Photography. Reading. I've taken on one new fun thing for the new year, but trying to keep it a secret from my husband.

  • I would like to try this lemon curd tart recipe.
  • Also, FINALLY. A sauerkraut recipe that doesn't result in 4 gallons of fermented cabbage.
  • The deed and mortgage to my grandfather's property in Tallulah, Louisiana. Purchase price: $500.00. Purchase date: September 1945.
  • A really interesting debate on NYTimes.com about the pros and cons of classroom technology. I struggle with this quite a bit in my job since Stanford tends to be bleeding edge when it comes to innovation and technology, but doesn't always implement it in the most efficient way.
  • I am still cracking up over Elon James White's hate-tweeting of The Blind Side.

No comments: