Sunday, February 19, 2012

17 weeks

Hi baby,

Today, I took you for a hike (well, more like a long walk, because I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to be exerting myself). I am excited for you to be around so much nature as you grow up, even though you will likely hate it initially. I saw so many kids today throwing temper tantrums, crying, and being bored that I'm just going to assume that walking and nature are like, THE WORST until you're older. As in, twelve.

At night, I lie in bed and read, and feel you moving around. Sometimes, if I place my hand below my pelvic brim, I can feel you through the abdominal wall. And when I wake up, you're usually curled up on the side that I've been lying, and my uterus feels a little lopsided. I am imagining you wriggling into weird corners of my body. I am so, so relieved that I can feel you.

I am sad that your dad is missing all of this, but he'll be home soon, and will be surprised at all the growing that you're doing.

No comments: