Monday, June 4, 2012

mexican wedding

My first trip to Mexico may or may not have been the typical one. We stayed at this place:



...which is by far the most luxurious living I have ever done.

We went explicitly to attend my old housemate's wedding. Ben and Gabi met and started dating when we were all still living in the house together, so I got to watch that relationship develop from the start. It was really fun to celebrate this next step with them.

Ben and Gabi Wedding
Ben and Gabi Wedding
Ben and Gabi Wedding

It was even more fun to celebrate it with a stunning view of the Pacific ocean.

Ben and Gabi Wedding

When we made the travel arrangements, I wasn't yet pregnant, and had been looking forward to the tequila tasting the resort offered. Despite having to refrain from the actual tasting, I did end up learning a lot from our awesome tequila sommelier, Tony.

Ben and Gabi Wedding
Ben and Gabi Wedding

Totally fantastic experience, even though I felt like an ass for not knowing any Spanish. (Yes, I have lived in Nevada and California for a combined total of 28 years. Yes, I also think it is ridiculous.) Viva Mexico, and congratulations to Ben and Gabi!

Ben and Gabi Wedding
Ben and Gabi Wedding
Ben and Gabi Wedding
Ben and Gabi Wedding


No comments: