Sunday, November 18, 2012

next size up






Ladies and gentlemen, we have outgrown the 0-3 month clothing. I cannot believe her feet were ever that tiny. I am saving a couple of things (her going-home outfit, a really nice wool/silk set that her grandmother got her), but am likely giving the rest away.

It's a little bittersweet. On one hand, it's sad to think of her growing so fast. On the other, this clothing reminds me of how much of a struggle the first month was, and how one of the only things that I felt confident of was folding her little onesies and matching her pants to her tops. While I still struggle day to day in figuring out how to care for this small person, at least I know her a bit better. You can't stay strangers for long after wiping baby poop off of someone's thighs.

No comments: