Monday, January 6, 2014

17 months

I've been lax on these posts, mostly because I felt they were stale, and I was always behind in posting. And then I realized that when I thought back to milestones (large and small), I couldn't remember when they happened, and had to go through my photos to figure it out. So, at least for now, I'll be doing photos and notes only, instead of letter-writing form. It's makes me a little sad, because it would be nice for Linnea to look back and see these as my speaking directly to her, but I feel like having something is better than mute inadequacy.

17 months
17 months
17 months

Things you love:
  • Rice crackers
  • Plastic measuring cups
  • Doing things yourself, dammit
  • Belly buttons (your own and others')

Things you hate:
  • Being put out of the kitchen after touching the trash can (which IZ VERBOTEN)
  • Random stuff that is not replicable or able to be predicted from day to day (o hai toddlerhood)

Things you do:
  • Say "mommy" and "daddy" with extreme concentration on articulateness
  • Watch yourself crying in the mirror and experiment with facial expressions
  • Peel your own banana slices (but not actually eating them)
  • Dream and talk/laugh/cry out in your sleep
  • Climb into your carseat on your own

No comments: