Sunday, January 26, 2014

Minnesota packing list


Did I actually think I could get in a workout with all the to-ing and fro-ing between Whit's parents' homes? Yes. Did I also imagine that despite not wearing makeup and contact lenses in my day-to-day life, I would suddenly transform into a glamorous vixen in the frozen North? Of course. Did I spell Minnesota incorrectly? You betcha. 

I anticipated many more outdoor activities, but the latter half of the trip was marred by "balmy" below-zero highs that apparently can freeze human skin in 20 minutes? And sometimes cars can't start? And people live here on purpose? To be fair, it was unconscionably cold even to the natives, as the super friendly TSA agent (only in the Midwest) explained to us on our way back to San Francisco, where it was mid-60's pretty much throughout the month of December.


No comments: