Saturday, January 18, 2014

weekly menu: January 12-18

  • butternut squash soup with coconut milk and red curry (adapted from this recipe, but with red curry paste and less sweetness)
  • summer rolls (marinated tofu from this recipe)
  • kale, roasted sweet potato, and radish salad with lemon vinaigrette
  • and since it's been a while, oatcakes (I cut the amount of sugar, as in this version)

Whit is in India this week, leaving me to feel the full force of toddler-ness. I'm trying to figure out if the terrible two's are a binary or linear function. We are also traveling to Las Vegas this weekend to do a grandparent visit, but since Whit won't arrive at SFO until after Linnea and I take off, I need to navigate the departure part solo. Pros: it's only an 85-minute flight. Cons: 9:00 am is too early for drinking, even on a weekend trip to Vegas.

No comments: